Anyway, while my pie crust recipe will remain sealed and locked I wanted to share one of my recipes that brought home the blue:
Fruit Category: Pear, Cranberry, and Ginger Pie
1/3 C sugar
2 TBS flour
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
6 ripe, but still firm pears (your choice of pear, but we're partial to the Bartlett), sliced
1 C fresh cranberries (you can use dried cranberries if you can't find fresh, but if you do, use 3/4 C)
pie crust of your choice
1 TBS 1/2 & 1/2
sugar and cinnamon mix for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour, nutmeg, and ginger; then add the pear slices and cranberries and toss to coat.
- Prepare your pie crust and fill with the pear mixture.
- Optional: We like to coat our pie crust with a little 1/2 & 1/2 and sprinkle a sugar/cinnamon mix on top.
- Bake pie for 40-50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the pears are soft.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped cream or over ice cream!